Easy Zabaglione ~ a quick Italian dessert for Easter

Easy Zabaglione & Whipped Cream


My nephew was asking me if I had any recipe ideas for Easter that I could share.  I do.  I'm working on a few that I'm getting ready to post, but I thought I would see what I could find that was Italian, to keep up with the family tradition thing ~ this time for his side of the family.  I found this recipe for Zabaglione that looked good, but I wanted something that was egg-free, low cal & really easy to prepare.  I was inspired to go into the kitchen & see what I could come up with.  I created a recipe that is a spin on Zabaglione.  I think it works as an easy, elegant adult dessert.  So, this post is for my nieces, Leslee, Desy & my nephew, David ~ luckily they are all old enough to drink.  :)


Quick & Easy Zabaglione
serves 2-4

1 small box                 French vanilla instant pudding (sugar free or regular)
1 cup                           milk (fat free, lowfat or regular)
1/2 cup                        Marsala wine
1/4 tsp                         cinnamon
1/2 tsp                         lemon zest

1 cup                           Cool Whip


~                                  favorite cookies
~                                  cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
~                                  whipped cream or Cool Whip 



1)    combine milk, cinnamon, lemon zest & instant pudding in a bowl ~
       combine thoroughly, with a whisk or hand mixer, for approx. 2 minutes

2)    add Marsala wine & gently blend together ~
        refrigerate for a few hours, until set
     
3)    when ready to serve, gently fold in the Cool Whip & spoon into
        pretty glasses

4)    top with whipped cream, one of your favorite cookies &
        a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar


 Enjoy!
   sambayon sabayon zabajone zabaione zabaion
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...